POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Free image file converter : Re: Free image file converter Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free image file converter
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 18 Jan 2000 03:51:56
Message: <388429ac@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
: I tried Irfanview maybe three years ago - a demo from a shareware CD I
: had purchased. It infuriated me that when I installed it the setup
: program over wrote all of my image file associations in the windows
: registry. It took me forever to get my system straightened out after
: that.

  This is a very common and extremely annoying problem with windows programs.
They steal all the associations they want without asking, thus causing
lots of problems to the user.
  There are few exceptions. I remember a program that didn't only ask if I
wanted to reassociate the file type it knew, but it also allowed me to choose
which file types to reassociate and which don't. All programs should be like
this.
  If Microsoft wanted to develop windows, they could add an option like
"Ask before allowing new software to reassociate file types".